- 2016 DRAFT Protocol Changes
- REMSCO Letter to Each Agency
- Protocol Update Video
- Compleating the Process
- Training Protocols if (Member::isLoggedIn()): ?>
- Study Material endif; ?>
- REMSCO Website Updates
- Additional Dates
- The Update Process
The following PDF is the protposed changes from REMAC to REMSCO presented on 2016-02-03 at REMAC
These changes are mainly to keep our protocols up to date with AHA, NYC and Suffolk regions.
The Nassau Regional Emergency Medical Services Council (REMSCO) in conjunction with the Nassau Regional Emergency Medical Advisory Committee (REMAC) has recently completed an extensive upgrade to this region’s Advanced Life Support (ALS) Protocols. These changes bring this region to the forefront of Emergency Medical Services, giving our providers the tools and knowledge needed to more effectively care for those we serve.
In order to implement these changes, all Advanced Life Support Providers (EMT-CCs and EMT-Paramedics) will be required to complete a two-part training course that will familiarize providers with these new protocols. Successful completion of these two components will allow providers to become eligible for ALS credentialing in this region.
In order to make this transition as smooth as possible for your members, the first component of this training will be a web-based, self-initiated session. Once the first component has been completed, providers will be permitted to register and attend one of several classroom training sessions. These sessions will be made available at various locations and times throughout Nassau County. Members of your agency are welcome to attend any training session, and need not attend the session within their own battalion.
Upon successful completion of both the on-line and classroom components, providers will be prompted to contact any of the three Nassau County EMS Academies to initiate the new Nassau REMSCO credentialing process.
The web-based component will commence on December 13th and your ALS Providers may begin by logging into the following website for further details and registration: https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=RL30pamh54yYiEZPthdw4Q
Classroom sessions (second component) have been scheduled as follows:
|Date & Time||Location||Address|
|88 Mott St,
Oceanside, NY 11572
|75 Clinton St,
Hempstead, NY 11550
|2095 Camp Ave,
North Merrick, NY 11566
|Great Neck Vigilant
|83 Cutter Mill Rd,
Great Neck, NY 11021
|50 Cold Spring Rd,
Syosset, NY 11791
|103 Maple Ave,
Rockville Centre, NY 11570
|New Hyde Park
|1555 Jericho Tpke,
New Hyde Park, NY 11040
|885 Old Country Rd,
Plainview, NY 11803
|25 Franklin Ave,
Hewlett, NY 11557
|New Dates Added Below
(Updated: Febuary 18th 2014)
Fire Police EMS
|2201 Hempstead Turnpike,
Building B, 2nd Floor
East Meadow, NY 11554
Emergency Medical Institute
|1979 Marcus Avenue,
Lake Success, NY 11042
|300 Winding Road,
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
Providers must remember that pre-registration for the classroom sessions is required, and that the on-line component must be completed prior to scheduling a classroom session.
Nassau County’s new ALS Protocols will go into effect on April 1, 2014. Any ALS Provider that has not successfully completed the entire education and credentialing process by April 1, 2014 will not be authorized to practice as an ALS provider in the county of Nassau.
ALS Providers who fail to meet the above deadline will regain their ability to practice advanced life support in this region when they have successfully completed this training, or by completing a New York State ALS Refresher Course within the Nassau County region. These individuals will too be responsible for completing the new credentialing process.
All agency medical directors will also be informed of these requirements.Back to Table of Contents
Thank you for successfully completing the Nassau REMAC on-line course update, on-line Assessment, and the new ALS protocol roll-out session. REMAC guidelines require that all Nassau County ALS Providers must be credentialed by April 1, 2014 or you will forfeit your privilge to practice Advanced Life Support in the County of Nassau until sucessfully completing the credentialing process.
The final step in the credentialing process will require you to take, and successfully pass, the Nassau REMAC Credentialing Examination. The passing grade for this examination is 80. All Nassau ALS Providers are strongly encouraged to familiarize themslves with the new ALS Protocols before attempting the exam.
All examinations will be conducted at the Nassau County Office of Emergency Management Morrelly Center, 510 Grumman Road West, Bethpage NY 11614 (Lecture Hall Entrance #2) at the below time and date:
|Wednesday||February 12||0900 hours|
|Wednesday||February 12||1400 hours|
|Tuesday||February 18||1900 hours|
|Thursday||February 20||1400 hours|
|Monday||February 24||1900 hours|
|Wednesday||February 26||1900 hours|
|Saturday||March 1||1000 hours|
|Friday||March 7||1900 hours|
|Monday||March 10||0900 hours|
|Wednesday||March 19||1900 hours|
New Dates Added Below
(Updated: March 5th 2014)
|Wednesday||March 26||1900 hours|
|Friday||March 28||1900 hours|
New Dates Added Below
(Updated: March 29th 2014)
|Tuesday||April 1||1900 hours|
|Tuesday||April 8||1900 hours|
|Saturday||April 19||0900 hours|
NO appointment is require to take the examination; however, YOU WILL NOT be permitted entry to the ALS credentialing exam without providing the following:
- Photo Identification (Driver's license, FD/EMS ID ect.).
- Photocopy of your current New York State EMT-CC, or EMT-P (please bring photocopy).
- Original signed Letter of Support for each Nassau County Agency for which you provide services. (Note: form is avilable at REMSCO website www.NassauEMS.org).
And finally, here are the training protocols for you to review before the classroom portion.
- Nassau County ALS Adult Protocols (TRAINING USE ONLY)
- Nassau County ALS Pediatric Protocols (TRAINING USE ONLY)
Many thanks to AMT Valerie Seidel for the wonderful notes, that you can check those out below as well.
And a second set of notes, from another Nassau County Provider. (Posted with Permission)Back to Table of Contents endif; ?>
Febuary 10th 2014
The Nassau Regional Emergency Medical Service Council has updated their website to include a section on how to get credentialed within the county.You can view that material by going to the following link, Nassau REMSCO - Credentialing.
Dates, times and other information on the Nassau REMSCO site is authoritative. We simply provided the information here, before they added a credentialing part to their website, for our members convenience. Information herein is for convenience, but is not authoritative.Back to Table of Contents
Febuary 18th 2014
Thank you for registering as an ALS provider for the rollout of the Nassau REMSCO Protocols. You may have already completed the online assessment and have attended the required class session. However, there are some of you that have not yet completed the online assessment, or were not able to attend one of the scheduled class sessions. This email is to notify everyone that Nassau REMSCO has added an additional three (3) Protocol Rollout Sessions that will occur before April 1st, 2014.
- Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 at the Nassau County Fire Police EMS Academy
- Thursday, March 20th, 2014 at the North Shore-LIJ Emergency Medical Institute
- Monday, March 24th, 2014 at the Nassau County EMS Academy
Please read the following, as no additional dates are being considered:
- If you have completed the online assessment, but were not able to attend a previously scheduled, please email me and I will send you the link to register for one of these sessions.
- If you have not completed the online assessment, please do so immediately. Upon successful completion of the online assessment, you will be directed to a page to download your completion certificate. You will also be provided a link to register for one of these sessions. Please remember to download and print your certificate before you click the registration link.
- If you have already attended a Protocol Rollout Session, we would appreciate you informing your colleagues and coworkers about the remaining sessions and encourage them to register and complete the online assessment so they may meet the April 1st, 2014 deadline.
Thank you for your assistance and cooperation.Back to Table of Contents
March 29th 2014
This office understands that many questions and concerns that will arise as we progress through this transition period. The following information is being furnished to assist providers in understanding the credentialing and re-credentialing process moving forward:
- Nassau ALS Providers who are currently credentialed in this region and have New York State provider credentials that expire on or before December 31, 2014 will be automatically re-credentialed (without sitting for an examination). Providers must mail a copy of their new NYS provider credentials (displaying new expiration date) prior to February 28, 2015 to the Nassau REMSCO Office (address listed below).
An updated Nassau Credentialing Card will be sent to the address on file with this office. If your address has changed since initially credentialing, please notify this office of your new address at the time of document submission.
- As of April 1, 2014 any new EMT-CC or Paramedic completing his or her original program at a Nassau based EMS Academy will be granted an unlimited amount of credentialing exam attempts. EMS Academy Personnel will collect required provider data, and provider photograph, for credentialing process. Nassau REMSCO Office will furnish credentials upon receiving from the provider; a copy of their NYS EMT-CC or Paramedic card, and a signed/original Nassau REMSCO Letter of Support from Agency Medical Director and Chief/Officer from affiliated agency(s). All documents must be sent to the address below.
- Prior to January 1, 2015 any NYS certified EMT-CC or Paramedic seeking credentialing in Nassau County must attend a Protocol Update Session at any of the three Nassau Academies. Candidates will be eligible for an unlimited amount of Protocol Exam attempts once they have completed a Protocol Update Session. Available ALS Protocol Roll-Out Sessions can be found below.
- As of January 1, 2015 any ALS Provider seeking to renew his or her Nassau County Credentials may appear at any of the three Nassau Academies, and receive an unlimited amount of attempts on the Nassau Credentialing Examination. Academy Personnel will issue a letter to those who pass the exam. This letter, along with a copy of provider’s new NYS EMT-CC or Paramedic credentials, must be mailed to the Nassau REMSCO Office. An updated Nassau Credentialing Card will be sent to the address on file with this office. If your address has changed since initially credentialing, please notify this office of your new address at the time of document submission.
- As of January 1, 2015 any certified NYS EMT-CC or Paramedic seeking first-time credentialing in Nassau County, may appear at any of the three Nassau Academies, and attempt the Nassau Credentialing Exam. If he or she passes the exam (80 or better) on their first attempt, they will be permitted to receive credentialing as a Nassau ALS Provider. Academy Personnel will collect required documentation, provider photograph, and paperwork for submission to the Nassau REMSCO Office. Nassau REMSCO Office will produce and forward credentials to the provider once all required documentation is received.
Any certified NYS EMT-CC or Paramedic seeking first-time credentialing in Nassau County who fails the exam on their first attempt, must complete a Nassau Protocol Update Session at one the three Nassau Academies. Once a Protocol Update Session is completed, an unlimited amount of credentialing exam attempts will be authorized.
An appointment may be required to take the Nassau Credentialing examination. Please contact the Academies directly for times and availability. You will NOT be permitted entry into any ALS credentialing examination without the following documentation:
- Photo Identification (driver’s license or other government issued identification)
- A photocopy of your current New York State EMT-CC or EMT-P credentials
- Nassau REMSCO Letter of Support (for first-time credentialing or any new agency affiliations only)
Please contact Academy directly to confirm session and/or to reserve a seat:
|Nassau County EMS Academy|
|300 Winding Road|
|Nassau County Fire Police EMS Academy|
|2201 Hempstead Turnpike|
|Building B, Second Floor|
|East Meadow, NY 11554|
|North Shore-LIJ Emergency Medical Institute|
|1979 Marcus Avenue, Suite 101|
|Lake Success, NY 11042|
Scheduled ALS Protocol Update Sessions
|Wednesday 5/21||North Shore-LIJ Emergency Medical Institute (Lake Success)||1900-2300|
|Thursday 9/18||North Shore-LIJ Emergency Medical Institute (Lake Success)||0900-1200|
|Thursday 9/18||North Shore-LIJ Emergency Medical Institute (Lake Success)||1900-2300|
All credentialing documents should be sent to:
|Nassau Regional EMS Council|
|131 Mineola Boulevard, Suite 105|
|Mineola, NY 11501|
|Attention: ALS Credentialing Clerk|